Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Manuscript file: We encourage the use of Tektonika's Word or LaTeX templates, but this is not mandatory.
- Figures and tables can be submitted as (a) embedded figures and tables at the relevant position within the Manuscript file (prefered), or (b) a separate single file (ideally PDF, but we can accept PNG, TIFF, etc.). In both cases, figures and tables should be clearly numbered and have their required captions next to each corresponding figure and table. Please see the Figure Guidelines for technical and accessibility requirements.
- (Where applicable) Supplemental materials, as a single file.
- Potential reviewers: Authors are encouraged to provide a list of 3 to 5 potential reviewers, who must be free from conflicts of interest. Authors may also oppose reviewers, with a brief justification.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to familiarise themselves with Tektonika's code of conduct for authors, as well as Tektonika's definitions on authorship and manuscript preparation guidelines (available on this site, under the "For Authors" section).
Submission of an original manuscript to Tektonika will be taken to mean that it represents original work that has not been published previously, and is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Please see Tektonika’s Code of Conduct for further details.
Authors have the responsibility to secure permission to include any reproduced material subject to copyright.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant Tektonika the right of first publication with the work, simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship, and initial publication in Tektonika.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in Tektonika (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Tektonika.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after acceptance, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Authors that change their names for whatever reason (marital or religious status or lack thereof, gender identity, and others…), may want to update their publication record accordingly. Tektonika respects authors rights to change their name or identity and is devising manners to secure this change is reflected in Tektonika publications retroactively.
Statement to be included in all published manuscripts:
“This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence (CC BY 4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided appropriate credit to the original author(s) and source, as well as link to the Creative Commons license, and indication of changes that were made.”